Are you ready to make a difference for real estate support professionals and shape the future of NARESP?
We are excited to open the call for nominations for the national board for NARESP for the 2020 term, starting January 1, 2020.
This year, we will be building and using our strategic plan to deliver on our promise to:
- promote our members as specialists in the area of real estate support and advocate for their engagement among agents
- continually provide education and resources to our members so that they may be confident in, and demonstrate their expertise
- provide spaces for our members to have meaningful connections, both virtually and in-person
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Board positions – we are accepting applications from real estate support professionals for the positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary. These positions have two-year terms. In addition, we are accepting applications for Director positions. These positions have one-year terms.
- Qualifications – board members should have a demonstrated ability to lead others, a strong interest in the field of real estate support, an ability to communicate effectively (in-person and in writing), and reliability in following through on commitment and meeting deadlines. A description of each position qualifications and responsibilities can be found here.
- Time commitment – board members should plan to spend between 5-10 hours a month engaged in board activities.
- NARESP Champions – board members will be expected to support the organization through many mediums, including providing education content and resources, advocating and sharing news about NARESP on a regular basis, and representing NARESP at industry events. Travel may be required.
2020 Elections Timeline
The following timeline has been established for Nominations and Elections processes:
- November 1 – Call for Nominations
- November 15 – Call for Nomination forms deadline
- November 18 – Committee receive forms for review qualification verification
- December 4 – Board receives candidate information for review
- December 10 – Candidates announced to the members
- December 17 – Candidate Virtual Town Hall (if you are submitting a candidate application, please save this date)
- December 18 – Board Vote
- December 19 – Announce 2020 Board
All candidate applications are due by COB on November 15. Once an application is submitted, we will follow up with a confirmation and information on the submission materials. The Governance Committee will review all applications received to determine if the candidates meet the requirements for office. The committee with then provide the national board with a slate of candidates.Elections Process
Per the NAREP national bylaws, Article 4, section 1 - Directors/Officers will be elected by a majority vote of the current Board of Directors. The corporation shall strive to provide representation on the Board from a variety of segments in the real estate support industry. However, in no event shall the lack of representation from any specific segment be deemed a violation of these bylaws.Not quite ready for a board commitment?
NARESP has many other ways you can volunteer your time to help build our organization. Please contact us with your interest.